Google Photos: how to back up photos from your phone, tablet or computer
Whatever phone you are using, google photos cloud storage can help you free up the space for better use on the limited storage on your mobile phone. Keep your phone fast and clutter free by backing up your photos to google photos. Google offers free unlimited storage for photos up to 16mb.
Once installed and running, the app will ask you if you want photos saved in “original” or “high quality” format. If you choose high quality, google will allow you to upload unlimited 16mb photos and 1080 videos for free and you have the option to back up on the fly or manually when you have a good wifi connection. Choosing the “original” format keeps your photos “as is” and intact the way your cameras capture them. Choosing the “original” option will only give you up to 15GB of space, meaning you will have to upgrade beyond the limited space.
One of the must have apps to help keep your phone in tiptop shape by freeing up space and giving you more memory to use for other apps on your phone!
Advantages of Google photos
- Free and unlimited storage for your photos.. so you arent limited on your 16GB phone anymore! free space on the phone regularly.
- Google compression is so good, you cant really distinguish it, and phone screen is so small it is optimized for best viewing!
- It creates fun and recommends “stories”, animated GIFs and stylized versions of images.
- use general search for things using google AI, things like red, bike, water, christmas or anything you can think of.
- Tag pictures of yourself or someone close to you and have Google find all the pictures that look close enough.
- Filter, edit or crop your photos instantly.
- All photos are organized, sorted by month, year across all your devices.
- ability to move photos from google drive to google photos easily.
- Share memories from 1, 2 or 3 years ago!
- Share photos, videos to friends and family easily
- Photo backup is essential and leaves you worry free in case your phone gets stolen or broken.. your photos are safe in the cloud.
- Shoot more and worry less about backup and storage!
Download Google Photos
- Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos&hl=en
- iOS – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-photos/id962194608
The official Google Photos app is made for the way you take photos today and includes essential features like shared albums, automatic creations and an advanced editing suite. You won’t have to worry about storage either as you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos for free in high quality. You can then access them from any connected device and on photos.google.com.
Reasons to use Google Photos
- FREE HIGH QUALITY STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access them from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
- FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
- SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
- AUTOMATIC CREATIONS: Bring photos to life with automatically created movies, collages, animations, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
- ADVANCED EDITING SUITE: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
- SHARING SUGGESTIONS: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
- FAST AND POWERFUL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them — no tagging required.
- LIVE ALBUMS: Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.*
- PHOTO BOOKS: Create a photo book in just minutes from your phone or computer. You can also see suggested photo books based on your best shots from a trip or period of time.*
- GOOGLE LENS: Search the hard-to-describe and get stuff done, right from a photo. Copy and translate text, identify plants and animals, add events to your calendar, find products online, and more.
- SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Instantly share photos with any contact, email, or phone number.
- SHARED LIBRARIES: Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos by subscribing to Google One. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.